Monday, January 12, 2009

The Holler Brothers



The above is footage of four brothers that attend my gym. I made this highlight reel in tribute to them and our gym. These Kids are truly amazing, and I am envious of them in a lot of ways. First, the great technique and instinct they posses blows my mind. There technique I attribute to the great instruction they receive from our professor William Carpenter, and I get to take part of that as well (Look at Good techniques executed on very handsome man ;-) below to see what I am talking about). William is a great teacher who cares about every committed student in his school and definitely has a gift in breaking down minute details to help the BJJ practitioner know every angle of the technique. I will comment more on this in another post. Secondly, they have parents that are committed to their education in the art and work together to bring them regularly. Thirdly, they are starting at such a young ripe age. I can only imagine where I would be if I started at their age. That, however, would have been an impossibility of course, for BJJ had yet to be introduced to the states when I was their age. The only people lucky enough to start at their age were the Gracies themselves and other Brazilians that they influenced. They are the new generation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in America. I dread the day they turn into adults, and mop the floor with me in our gym. No, not really, I actually look forward to it in that they stick with it, and beat up the old man I will then be. Keep up the good work guys!

No comments: